Monday, May 23, 2005

Twiddling my thumbs...

Whilst I'm not posting any new developments, it may look as if I'm doing nothing. But I'm not.

That is, I'm not doing nothing.

I'm doing something.

I'm waiting.

Now, I appreciate that, to the outside observer, the difference between "doing nothing" and "waiting" may too fine to differentiate. But waiting is more dynamic. It implies that something is going to happen in due course, or that someone else might be doing something.

In the short term, what it means is that I haven't been to either YWS or to Veteran's Night yet. But the perfect opportunity lies on the horizon.

In addition, I am still waiting on contact with the school where I might start a School Club, having had word from one of the players there that he will pass on my details.

I am also waiting for Maurice to come back from his business trip, and I've agreed to meet up with Steve for a game and a few beers. So if I can link Maurice in with the game with Steve, we'll be onto a winner. After that, all we need is to be meeting regularly and we call ourselves a "club" according to the dictionary definition!

So, you see, I'm doing nothing dynamically. Sometimes, it's all that you can do.

No comments: