Monday, May 16, 2005

There is life in York...

To my mixed delight and chagrin, the York Wargames Society does have 40K and other GW game players. Apparently, Monday nights from 8pm is the time to go along for a game of 40K. I will see how my other half feels about my going along this very evening (not to play, but just to get an idea of who's there, what they're playing etc). I have in mind either to throw in my lot with YWS or - if it doesn't seem that it would severely damage the club's viability - to start a "seed" club, parented by YWS. Which would be a better option will depend upon those who go to the club.

Meanwhile, there's more good news on the horizon in the form of my old comrade-in-arms, Steve, whom I've just heard has made his own way up to North Yorkshire. As I haven't communicated with Steve since he left the Adeptus Arbites Yahoo! Group, then his appearance is either a tremendous coincidence or he's stalking me.

However, Steve is a hugely experienced wargamer and modeller with a perfect temperament for running a club (massive ego, great intelligence, no social life) and a remarkable capacity for strong ale. Getting him on-side would be terrific... I guess I'd better hope he doesn't read this 'blog, then, hadn't I?

No comments: